Application Developer (2424, L0)
Serco is a specialist at delivering vital services on behalf of European, National and Local Governments.
Serco Europe employ's a large workforce in Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and the UK.
Our European operations have ca. 2,000 employees delivering critical services to public institutions throughout Europe.
For one of our Customer, a European Institution we are looking for an Application Developer with at least 2 years of relevant work experience.
* Development and maintenance of software applications.
* Development and integration of technological components.
* Implementation of user requirements.
* Elaboration of test programs.
* Integration with other applications.
* Writing of technical documentation.
* Assistance with deployment and configuration of the system.
* Participation in meetings with the project teams.
* Documenting of the work performed in JIRA or Confluence as needed.
* Reporting of the activities using the relevant tools.
The Ideal Candidate
* Good knowledge of application development environments.
* Good knowledge of the design and development of web and multi-tier applications.
* Good knowledge of modelling tools (e.g. UML).
* Knowledge about responsive, multi-device development (e.g. desktop, laptop, tablet, smartphone).
* Knowledge of software development methodologies (e.g. RUP, AGILE).
* Knowledge of relational database systems.
* Ability to cope with fast changing technologies used in application developments.
* Ability to participate in multi-lingual meetings, ease of communication.
* Capability of integration in an international/multi-cultural environment.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Full details on application - Relocation assistance provided, if applicable.
Please note that this position is also open to freelancers (independent contractors).
About the Company
Serco's heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Top 50 Services for Governments Companies.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service - To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you.
Serco European Agencies
Salary Salary information available upon application.
Job Reference B019/DIGIT/4179
Contract Type Permanent
Closing Date No Expiry Date
Job Category IT Professionals
Location Brussels, Belgium
Date posted 03 January, 2019
* Add to watchlist
* Print this job
* Refer a friend for this job
Your email address
Your friend's email address