Date: Nov 8, 2018
Location: Braine L'alleud, Walloon Brabant, BE
Location: Braine, Belgium
Help us transform patients' lives.
At UCB, we put our heart, soul and skills into making a difference for people living with severe disease. Working together to push the boundaries, we blend the best of our talents to unlock innovation. Will you join us in our pioneering adventure?
To strengthen our Department of Analytical Sciences for Pharmaceuticals, based in our Pharmasciences Department in Braine, Belgium, we are looking to fill the position of:
Do you have an agile mind that enjoys being analytical?
For UCB, you are an 'agilytical' person. This innovative blend of talent means you are able to swiftly apply forward thinking for the good of patients.
As a UCB 'agilytical' person and Analytical Scientist you like to work in an environment where you can:
* Work on NCE (both APIs and Drug Product) entering pre-clinical and clinical phases until commercialization.
The Scope extends to lifecycle management of UCB's marketed products.
As a UCB 'agilytical' person and Analytical Scientist you will contribute by:
* Developing and validating fit-for-purpose spectroscopic analytical methods according to QbD principles (risk assessment, DoE, modelling) for APIs and drug products.
* Supporting API and drug product process development by contributing to the selection of appropriate PAT methods, the design of relevant DoE's and by conducting in-depth statistical data analysis.
* Transferring these methods to relevant commercial QC and manufacturing units and participating to the lifecycle management of the defined models to support the development and validation of chromatographic and other analytical methods (LC, GC,…) according to QbD principles by contributing to the definition of DoE's and the statistical data analysis.
* Writing and reviewing scientific reports and quality documentation.
* Actively participating to project meetings as well as internal scientific meetings.
* Following up scientific literature in order to implement state-of-the-art spectroscopic techniques in the department.
Interested? For this position you'll need the following education, experience and skills:
* For this position, a PhD in analytical chemistry or related field is required.
* Minimum 2 years of professional experience in the pharmaceutical industry.
* Expertise in off-line and in-line spectroscopic method development (NIR, Raman,…) and its associated validation.
* Expertise in Chemometrics: design of experimental (DoE), interpretation of chemical and statistical data, and multivariate regression algorithms.
* Expertise in statistical and chemometric softwares (e.g. JMP, R, Mathlab, Modde, Unscrambler, SIMCA, PLS Toolbox and OPUS).
* Sound knowledge and understanding of chromatographic techniques (LC, GC,…) and other classical analytical techniques (Karl-Fischer, ICP,…).
* Experience in implementation of PAT within a manufacturing process is a plus.
* Understanding of QbD principles.
* Understanding of regulatory and GMP quality constraints.
* Demonstrated taste for laboratory work.
* Ability to work independently as well as multidisciplinary teams in an international environment.
* Good interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills in both French and English.
To apply please go to www.ucb.com/careers.
Discover more about the remarkable UCB Talent Blends and how you can contribute to the mix at www.ucb.com/careers.
Job Segment: Chemistry, Analytics, Scientific, Chemical Research, Scientist, Science, Engineering, Management