Back to search result
Analyst/Associate position in the Infrastructure Finance sector
Permanent contract, Full-time, Brussels
2018-06-10 Requisition ID
052972 Area of interest level 1
Level of experience
Professional Study level
Analyst / Associate for the Infrastructure Finance sector
The position is within the Brussels-based team of the Infrastructure Finance sector of ING Wholesale Banking.
Infrastructure Finance is a very successful team that has closed over 30 transactions in 2017 and is generating substantial income and cross sell revenues for the Bank. The team is expert in delivering leveraged buyout, traditional project finance and whole business securitisation structures for the Infrastructure Finance sector across Europe.
Core Activities: origination and execution of new transactions as well as portfolio management responsibilities.
Qualifications: Numeracy and excellent communication skills are prerequisites. Candidates would normally have a first class or 2.1 (or equivalent) degree in economics, engineering, finance, maths or similar. Fluency in the English language is essential and fluency in any of the Dutch, French languages would be helpful.
The European Infrastructure Finance Team comprises more than 30 professionals based in London, Brussels, Madrid. We have a vacancy for an Analyst or an Associate who will be based in Brussels. Infrastructure Finance covers the transport (airports, ports, motorways), social infrastructure (Government accommodation, schools, hospitals and prisons under Public Private Partnership concessions) and the regulated utility (water/ gas/ electricity distribution) sub sectors.
Main Duties and Responsibilities of Role
Portfolio Management and execution of new Infrastructure Finance transactions including the associated due diligence processes:
* New business origination
* Running sensitivity analysis and scenarios on complex financial models and occasionally developing our own models
* Negotiating and checking loan and transaction documentation for compliance with credit approvals
* Drafting new business proposals, credit modifications and annual reviews
* Executing activities with regard to client and credit administration primarily through timely, complete and correct data input and data management in the relevant support systems in line with internal procedures and guidelines
* Maintaining client contact and related credit files
* Covenant monitoring, loans management and reporting
* Participating in client and bank meetings as well as site visits
* Supervising and developing more junior staff
* Know Your Customer Checks and other administrative tasks
* Fluent English, other language skills desirable
* A strong academic record (Bachelor or higher)
* Strong IT skills (coding experience would be an advantage), with proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
* Demonstrably high degree of numerical, verbal and analytical competence
* Current knowledge of the European infrastructure market and/or project / acquisition finance experience
* Commitment to quality standards and good attention to detail
* Experience of working successfully in a team and dealing with internal and external clients in a professional manner
* Professionalism and confident manner
* Self-motivated and an ability to work independently, under pressure and to tight deadlines
* A personable team player, with an ability to gain the confidence and trust of colleagues and clients
* Ability to multitask and good organisational skills
* Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in writing and orally
We are committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment. The Company is opposed to any form of less favourable treatment, whether through unfair, inconsistent direct or indirect discrimination, accorded to employees and applicants for employment on the grounds of sex, sexual orientation, marital or parental status, disability, race, religion or belief, age, creed, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin.
At ING we believe in success through difference!
* Read our diversity manifesto here
* Privacy Protection
Stay in touch