Deloitte is a world leading professional services firm, providing accounting and auditing services, management consulting and legal and tax advice. In Belgium we are the largest professional service provider. Our offices offer services to multi-national and large organisations, public institutions and innumerable small, fast-growing companies. Thanks to a strong regional presence and our multi-disciplinary approach, we are ideally placed to meet the requirements of a wide range of public institutions and small and large companies.
Our Risk Advisory practice is a global leader in helping clients manage risk and uncertainty from the boardroom to the network. We provide a broad array of services that allow our clients around the world to better measure, manage and control risk to enhance the reliability of systems and processes throughout their organization.
Your Responsibilities :
- Contribute to our of assignments in the domains of risk management, Solvency II and IFRS;
- Design, implement, review and audit quantitative models for the calculation of insurance liabilities and capital requirements;
- Advise on balance sheet management issues, like stochastic reserving, economic capital, ALM, replicating portfolios;
- Contribute to business development in this domain, both nationally and internationally;
- Develop models for our internal use, to cross-check and challenge client valuations;
- Actuarial analysis of processes, calculation models, methodologies and assumptions for both Insurance companies and pension funds;
- Be trained and coached in order to develop your knowledge and skills, management and business development capabilities.
- You obtained a master degree in actuarial sciences, combined with strongly developed quantitative skills;
- You have between 1 and 5 years of actuarial experience in the Financial Services Industry (financial institutions);
- Already a good knowledge of the standard mathematical modelling techniques for determining the market value of liabilities, economic capital,...;
- No fear to step into in actuarial domains outside your core expertise when needed;
- A good understanding of and a keen interest in the regulatory and accounting context within which insurance companies operate;
- A personal drive to make your mark in this domain;
- You have a critical and analytical mindset;
- Your approach is client and result oriented and you have excellent social, communication and presentation skills;
- You can express yourself fluently in Dutch or French, and English.