Record-to-Report Accounting Manager
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About our Support Functions
A global organisation. It's not just those in our industrial sites and technical centres that are vital to Umicore's growth. Across our support functions we ensure that we continue to grow and evolve - whether it's by making sure our decisions are commercially viable, enhancing our reputation, building new customer relationships or finding the right people who can build on what we've already achieved. The variety of our work means we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
In the view of the growth of the activities within Share, the jobholder will integrate the new activities (e.g. new entities) in the scope of Share. The jobholder will improve effectiveness of controls, implement standardized and lean processes, this with a large focus on digitalization and automation, and in close cooperation with the different projects on this matter.
* Management and implementation:
+ You supervise, motivate and coach 1 person on a daily basis.
+ You act as the back-up for the Senior Accounting Manager.
+ You act as a first point of contact for the financial responsible in the assigned business units and other departments.
+ You coordinate together with the IT department the implementation of structural improvements on the SAP platforms.
+ You act as a business owner for one or more accounting processes such as reporting, treasury and intercompany transactions.
+ You connect with the external auditors on the topics under scope
* Controlling and projects:
+ You ensure the completeness of the monthly closing from a technical point of view: you monitor on a daily basis the interfaces between the different SAP platforms, you solve issues related to daily accounting errors, ...
+ You setup and improve the implemented control framework (MICR) in the different processes under LAC scope: you analyse the current process flows and differences, you analyse together with the finance responsible in the BU the fluctuations of the balance sheet and P&L accounts, …
+ You participate in the implementation and translation of the Minimum Internal Control Requirements (MICR) required by the group into local procedures.
+ You are the key player in the projects on digitalization and lean management in the different accounting streams.
Who we are looking for
* You have a master degree in economics or equivalent by experience and minimum 8 years of relevant experience.
* You have a very strong technical background in accounting, and you also have a background in process improvements and automation.
* You have experience in implementing Internal control and reconciliations, and you are experienced in project work.
* You are able to work in a highly IS system driven environment (SAP, Cognos,…)
* You are fluent in Dutch and French with a good understanding of English.
* You have strong analytical skills and are capable of analysing numerical data, challenging and summarising information and production of workable solutions.
* You are a team player with strong leadership skills
* You are flexible, stress resistant and able to cope with change.
* You are service minded, pro-active and you possess good communication and networking skills.
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If we can become a world leader in recycling and clean mobility, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?