NATO Communications and Information Agency (NCI Agency)
Salary (Pay Basis)
: 5,467.45Euro (EUR) Monthly
NCI Agency is looking for a new Account Manager. If you have experience in managing a portfolio of customers and related services or projects, understanding needs and priorities and have the ability to balance competing demands to deliver good outcomes for the customer, then this position could be ideal for you to start your Account Management career with NATO! You would be joining a motivated and supportive team, which encourages the development of its members and promotes a continuous learning and improvement way of working to the benefit of individuals, the organisation and our customers across NATO.
Role and responsibilities:
One of the NCI Agency Chief Operating Office's (COO) responsibilities is to understand customer requirements and future demand and manage the business intake to ensure the Agency meets operational priorities as well as other diverse requests from our NATO customers in the C4ISR arena.
The SLA/SSP Account Management (SSAM) Branch acts as the Agency's entry point for new business principally in the IT Services area. It manages customer accounts anchored in Service Level Agreements (SLAs), Service Support Packages (SSPs) and Projects within a Programme of Work (PoW). Key to this is a good understanding of our customers' current and future requirements, matching these to the Agency's service offerings contained in the Costed Customer Catalogue of Services and an ability to resolve either customer issues within their agreements, tackling funding problems or managing issues arising from Service or Project Delivery.
In this position, you will have your own defined responsibilities, but will always have the support of colleagues, including the Chief SSAM and Principal Account Managers (PAMs) in managing the portfolio of customers and their agreements and projects: Duties will include:
* Gather and manage customer requirement changes for SLA and SSP agreements. Address new service and project requests from Customers, ensuring proper internal coordination and timely response;
* Start-up and initiation of agreements and projects, coordinating the necessary parties for the preparation of the formal NCI Agency offers;
* Managing customer relations through regular contact, meetings and visits. Escalating customer problems within the Agency and coordinating solutions and communication back to the customer;
* Ensuring that formal NCI Agency offers are issued promptly, at the correct standard and are in line with the expectations of Customers, including acceptance criteria, scope and timelines;
* Monitor, understand, and communicate to customers the progress on their requests, throughout the project lifecycle;
* Monitor the portfolio with regard to its financial status (Planned versus Contracted and actual incomes), operational status (delivery of projects and milestones), and forecast (future cooperation);
* Develop, collect and maintain material for the benefit of Customers as well as lessons learned from contacts. Support the organisation of workshops and symposia and speak at appropriate venues on items of interest to the Customers in the NATO context. Coordinate participation of other branches of the Agency in these venues.
* Contribute to the development of the Demand Forecast based on understanding of the Customer Requirements;
* Deputize for senior team members when appropriate.
* Perform other duties as may be required.
We are looking for a candidate with a Master of Science (MSc) degree in a relevant discipline and 2 years post-related experience or a Bachelor of Science (BSc) degree in a relevant discipline and 3 years post-related experience.
Equally, the lack of a university/college degree can be compensated by the demonstration of a candidate's particular abilities or experience that is/are of relevance to this role and that show between 4-6 years progressive expertise in similar duties related to the function of the post.
In particular, we are looking for candidates with the following type of experience:
* Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the development, planning and acquisition of C3/C4ISR systems and/or IT services;
* Proven and practiced knowledge and understanding of service delivery management, in particular negotiating and managing Service Level Agreements or similar customer-supplier agreements;
* Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of NATO structures and Customer funding principles;
* Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing with proven briefing and presentation skills;
* Proven ability to work successfully with both military & civilian staff.
The following will be considered as an advantage:
* Knowledge and experience in an Account Management or Customer Relationship Management role;
* Demonstrated Project Management experience, attained in a military, defence, or industry organization;
* Some NATO experience or equivalent national experience dealing with NATO agencies.
We are looking for a person who demonstrates the following behavioural competencies:
* Positive Attitude - In a context of Agency transition and national budget reduction, positive attitude is required to face the encountered challenges with a willingness to achieve resolution in the most pragmatic way. Optimistic character, expecting favourable outcomes.
* Customer Focus - Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
* Peer Relationships - Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; can represent his/her own interested and yet be fair to other groups; can solve problems with peers with a minimum noise; is seen as a team player and is cooperative; easily gains trust and support of peers; encourages collaboration; can be candid with peers.
* Interpersonal Skills - Relates well to all kinds of people-up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high tension situations comfortably.
* Drive for Results - Can be counted on to achieve goals successfully; is constantly and consistently a reliable performer; outcome oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
* Problem Solving - Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answers.
* Process Management - Good at figuring out the processes necessary to get things done; knows how to organize people and activities; understands how to separate and combine tasks into efficient work flow; knows what to measure and how to measure it; can see opportunities for synergy and integration where others can't; can simplify complex processes; gets more out of fewer resources.
May be required to undertake duty travel to operational theatres inside and outside NATO boundaries
Most of the work of the NCI Agency is conducted in the English language, and therefore a thorough knowledge of English, both written and spoken, is essential and some knowledge of French is desirable.
NCI Agency normally offers contracts of employment of a definite duration, not exceeding three years. Contracts may be for less than three years as required to support short-term projects, meet uncertainty with respect to the business outlook, staff performance and other factors.
Definite duration contracts may be extended for further periods. When extending contracts, the following is taken into consideration:
* Renewal is in the interest of the Agency.
* Staff member's desire to remain with the Agency.
* The financial situation provides sufficient funding for the post held.
* The skills, competencies and behaviours, potential and work experience of the staff, versus the requirements of the Agency's work and/or availability of funding.
* Staff member has served the Agency with performance to the required standard as defined by the Agency,
* Staff member's deployability to operational theatre.
Serving civilian members of NATO will be offered a contract in accordance with the NATO Civilian Personnel Regulations.
The first six months of definite duration contracts are a probationary period. During this period the staff member's work is assessed to ensure that he/she has the ability to carry out the duties of the post. At or before the end of the probationary period, the staff member will be notified in writing that the appointment is confirmed or terminated or, in exceptional cases, that the probationary period is extended.
What do we offer?
Excellent tax-free salary, including (where eligible) expatriation household and children's allowances and additional privileges for expatriate staff.
* Education allowance for children (where appropriate) and an excellent private health insurance scheme;
* Generous annual leave and home leave (if eligible).
* Retirement Pension Plan.
To learn more about NCI Agency and our work, please visit our website.
Please note: Due to the Agency's transition into a new structure in the near future, this post may be subject to transfer to one of our other locations, as well as to a change of reporting lines. The final decision will be made at the time of a firm offer.
The Agency's recruitment team advises you that due to the large volume of applications it receives the screening process may take up to 2 months.
We appreciate your patience.